Thank you for your interest. We hope you choose Brooklawn Gardens as your next home!
To Apply for an Apartment
Prior to applying, we invite you to review our rental policy to ensure a good fit. Click the button to open email and request an application.
Once your application is submitted, we’ll contact you and invite you to bring the following to our office:
- 3 most recent pay stubs and letter of verification from employer for EACH applicant
- If self-employed, previous year’s tax return and a 1099 (or W-2) for EACH applicant
- ID – Original driver’s license, passport, or green card
- Social Security card(s)
- $55.00 – NON-refundable application fee for EACH applicant (money order or cashier’s check ONLY)
- $350 deposit to hold the apartment (money order or cashier’s check ONLY).
- If you are denied, this will be refunded to you. If you are approved it is applied to the security deposit.
Once your application is accepted, the following is due 15 days before your move-in date and payable by money order or certified bank checks only. Your $350 deposit is deducted from this total.
- 1½ months’ security deposit
- First month’s rent
- $76 for c/o (unit inspection by town)
- Key deposit
- Mailbox deposit
At this time, you must also provide proof of
- an account with JCP&L Electric (to begin on move-in day)
- an account with PSE&G for gas (to begin on move-in day)
- a renter’s insurance policy
You will sign your lease at this time and set up a date to walk through the apartment and complete a Move-in/Move-out Inspection Sheet for your records and ours.